Internal Auditor Unit
To provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer on the proper management of Resources.
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Review and report on proper control over the receipt, custody and utilization of all financial resources of the Office;
- Review and report on conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulations or instructions for control over the expenditure of the Office;
- Review and report on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts;
- Develop audit procedures to facilitate compliance with International Standards;
- Review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial and operation data and prepare financial statements and other reports;
- Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and verify existence of such assets;
- Review and report on operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals;
- Review and report on the reactions by the management to internal audit reports, and assist management in the implementation of recommendations made by reports and follow-up on the implementation of recommendations made by the Controller and Auditor General;
- Review and report on the adequacy of controls built into computerized systems in place in the Office;
- Prepare and implement Strategic Audit Plans; and
- Conduct performance audits on appraisal of development projects.
This Unit will be led by a Chief Internal Auditor.