UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
VICE PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
NATIONAL COMPETITIVE SELECTION
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST UNDER THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT FACILITY FULL SIZE PROJECT: ECOSYSTEM – BASED ADAPTATION FOR RURAL RESILIENCE IN TANZANIA
PROJECT CODE: 5695
TENDER NO: ME/002/2018 – 2019/VPO/C/01 – 8 FOR
PROVISSION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR NATIONAL CONSULTANT EbA TRAINERS
- The Government of United Republic of Tanzania has received funds from the Global Environment Facility (GEF)/ Least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) towards the cost of Ecosystem-Based Adaptation for Rural Resilience in Tanzania for a total duration of five (5) years. The Executing Agencies for the project is the Vice President’s Office under the Directorate of Environment (VPO – DoE) with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (MALF). United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the Implementing Agency for the project, as such accountable to GEF for the effective and efficient use of funds. It intends to apply part of the proceeds of this funds to procure Consultant who will perform the Consultancy service of Ecosystem Based Adaptation (EbA) Training.
- Under this consultancy, the project aims to procure the Consultant who will Work with the project management team (PMUT) and ensuring close collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, the Ministry of Fisheries and specifically the district technicians, the VPO and UN Environment, the overall objective of this assignment will be to improve stakeholders capacity to adapt to climate change through Ecosystem – Based Adaptation (EbA) approaches and undertake resilience building response, to increase resilience in project sites through demonstration of EbA practices and improved livelihoods and strengthen information base on EbA supporting an up – scaling strategy. Consultant will work together with International Consultant EbA trainer.
- The Vice President’s Office (VPO) now invites eligible Consultants to express their interest in providing the services. The interested Consultant must provide information indicating that, they are qualified to perform the services. The qualification required include: Masters degree in Natural Resource Management, Environment studies or related area, a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in project related to climate change adaptation in various sector (water management, land degradation, ecosystem restoration, agriculture and fishery sustainable management) .
- Please note that, this is NOT a request for Technical or financial proposals. After a review of Letter of Expression of Interest, a short list will be prepared and the individual/firm who will demonstrate to have more capable of undertaking the assignment will be invited to submit their technical and financial proposals.
- Expression of Interest must be delivered by email in pdf format (E-mail: email@example.com) or sealed envelopes by hand or by courier to the Secretary of the Ministerial Tender Board, Vice President’s Office, Makole street, seventh floor room, wing A, LAPF Building – Dodoma. The outer envelope must clearly be marked “NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 10:00 hours, local time on 3rd January, 2019.
- The short list and final selected firms will be carried out in accordance with procedures set out in the Public Procurement (amendment) Act, 2016; and Selection and Employment of Consultants Regulations.
- Interested consultants/firms may obtain further information from 08.30 to 15.30 Hours local time (Monday to Friday) exclusive of public holidays in the office of the Secretary of the Ministerial Tender Board, Vice President’s Office.
The Permanent Secretary,
Vice President’s Office
- O. Box 2502
Tel: 255 262329006
LAPF Building7th Floor,
Vice President’s Office